Wednesday 10 August 2016

Hong Kee Mah Chee and Fa Sang Woo (Sweet Peanut Broth) by Chooi Ka Khui

(Customers are willing to wait for the dessert)
(This photo took from Motormouth Ipoh's blog)
Whenever I think of dessert, my mind comes out with this, Hong Kee Mah Chee and Fa Sang Woo which located at Ipoh. Somehow my opinion towards desserts is very strict, but their desserts keep in my mind, even the taste is still fresh in my taste buds. So now I have given the chance to tell you why their desserts attracted me for so long until now I am still unable to forget. Their stall is almost hidden under some shady tress on Jalan Queen in Pasir Pinji. Although their stall is small in area but it does not stop them to run this business because their customers are really willing to stand and enjoy their desserts.

( Fa Sang Woo or can called as Sweet Peanut Broth)
(This photo took from Wallace Leong's BlogSpot)
According to their stall owner, they have to wake up at 4 a.m. in the morning to prepare the sweet peanut broth including milling the peanut, sesame and other ingredients into broth and slowly cook them for five hours by fuelling the fire with charcoal, the most traditional way of cooking. I think this is why this business can be run for more than 80 years and carried on to fourth generation.

(Hong Kee Mah Chee)
(This photo took from Malaysia Most Wanted' s blog)
Filling with love and patient, I felt grateful to get to enjoy this delightful dessert. Besides of sweet peanut broth, their mah chee is their secret weapon. It seems small in portion but it has to put a lot of effort to make this. The chewiness, softness and firmness of their mah chee make it the best seller in Hong Kee Mah Chee. The stall owner said that they always take ‘using the best material’ as their top priority. This is why I am fallen into the charm of their sweet peanut broth and mah chee. I really recommend readers to come to enjoy their dessert and it really worth a try. So dear readers, JUST GO FOR IT!!!!

Price of Fa Sang Woo: RM 2.00 per serving
Price of Mah Chee: RM 2.00 per serving

Address: Stall in front of 550A, Jalan Queen, 31650 Ipoh, Perak, Malaysia.

Here is the location of Hong Kee stall: https://goo.gl/maps/gcqvVkxUegs

Business Hours: 1.00 p.m. – 6.00 p.m. Closed on Thursdays. 

15 comments:

  1. It looks great. I will try with my family if got chance to go

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, must visit there and bring your family!!!

      Delete
  2. Looks awesome! Especially the sweet peanut broth. Definitey will try it if I have a chance to visit Ipoh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me your impression after you try this hahaha....

      Delete
  3. OMG! i really want to try that mah chee!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha!
      Looks nice right???
      After u try the mah chee...
      Your OMG will be bigger hahaha

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Hahaha!
      It not just looks nice, it is also tasty too!!!!

      Delete
  5. it really let me super hungry now1!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha!!!
      You must be hungry every day and night!!
      Go there and have your mah chee hahaha!!!
      Suppoort!!

      Delete